This notice describes how Lloyd’s Military Network, as a data controller, collects, uses, shares and retains the personal information you provide and informs you about your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information. Lloyd’s Military Network is committed to ensuring that any personal data it receives is protected and handled in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to Lloyd’s Military Network.
What personal information we process about you
The personal information we hold is restricted to your name, job title, email, Curriculum Vitae and on occasions, dietary requirements.
On occasions photography and videos may be recorded during an event.
Why we collect your personal information and the lawful basis for processing
Your personal details will be processed to support the communication and management of LMN run events. The lawful basis which allows us to process your data is legitimate interest.
We may at an event plan to record videos or take photos of you individually or you in small groups, we will ask for your consent. For promotional purposes we may publish these recordings at our Lloydsmilitarynetwork.com website and related social media sites.
- Business Communications: We will contact you with business communications. The lawful basis for this process is legal obligation.
- Event management: Your personal details will be processed to support the communication and management of LMN run events. The lawful basis which allows us to process your data is legitimate interest.
- Do not send: We will maintain a list of individuals who have unsubscribed from LMN mailings.The lawful basis is legal obligation.
Who we are sharing your data with
Your data will only be shared with event organisers which are co-hosting or sponsoring the event
How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the relevant purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. The retention period will primarily be determined by relevant legal and regulatory obligation and/or duration of our relationship with you. We will securely delete or erase your personal information if there is no valid business reason for retaining your data. In exceptional circumstances, we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation, in the event of any complaints or there is another valid business reason the data will be needed in the future.
From time to time we may need to share your personal information with other providers, who may be located outside the EU, access to your personal information. We may also make other disclosures of your personal information overseas, for example if we receive a legal or regulatory request from a foreign law enforcement body.
We will always take steps to ensure that any international transfer of information is carefully managed to protect your rights and interests:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights.
- Any requests for information we receive from law enforcement or regulators will be carefully checked before personal information is disclosed.
You have certain rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. If you make a request to exercise any of your rights we reserve the right to ask you for a proof of your identity. We aim to acknowledge your request as soon as possible and will address your query within one month from your request.
You have the following rights:
The right to access
You are entitled to a confirmation whether we are processing your data, a copy of your data, and information about purposes of processing, who do we disclose it to, whether we transfer it abroad and how we protect it, how long we keep it for, what rights you have, where we got your data from and how you can make a complaint.
The right to rectification
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete you can request for it to be rectified.
The right to erasure
If you withdraw your consent, terminate a contract with us or you believe the personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you may request your data to be deleted. However, this will need to be balanced against other factors, for example there may be certain regulatory obligations which mean we cannot comply with your request.
The right to restriction of processing
You can ask us to restrict (i.e. keep but not use) your personal data, but only where:
- Its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- The processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- It is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- You have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal data following a request for restriction, where we have your consent; to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
The right to object
You have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of an official authority vested in the controller. You may also object where the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, in particular where you are a child.